Have you ever had a parent ask, “how can I help my child read at home?” My answer was always simple – “read with them!” However, that’s not always as easy for parents as it is for teachers. I wanted to be able to give them more. So I created a toolkit of reading strategies for parents.
Want your own FREE toolkit?
It is crucial for children to not only read in school, but at home as well. The more they are read aloud to, the better readers they will become! Books that families share together lead to some amazing discussions and build relationships.
“Reading aloud is the catalyst for a child wanting to read on his own.”
~ Jim Trelease ~
Inside The Read-Aloud Toolkit:
- A Parent Guide to Reading Aloud
- a packet that explains the importance of reading aloud at home and how to incorporate it into their daily routine
- Discussion Questions (for any book)
- open-ended questions to help families have conversations about the books they are reading
- Reading Journal
- a way for families to to keep a treasury of the books they’ve shared together
- Booklist Trading Cards
- suggested book titles for popular topics
You can get every single thing in this toolkit for FREE (plus a few bonuses)! Grab this toolkit full of reading strategies for parents now!
I hope that this toolkit will help you encourage families to read aloud with their children at home every night.
Ms. Trina Jones says
Thanks. I’m doing a literacy night and I think parents would love this.