The read aloud is such a powerful tool for both children and adults. Sharing a book is such a positive way to bring people together. What if we don’t have access to a book, though? To help you out, I’ve created a collection of picture book read aloud videos that can be used both in and out of the classroom for lessons.
Picture Book Read Aloud Videos
- Storyline Online
- Indianapolis Public Library
- Brightly Storytime
- Todd Parr’s YouTube Channel
- Kate Messner’s Collection
- KidLit TV
- Unite for Literacy (multiple languages)
- Vooks is free for teachers for the first year
- Storytime with Bill, from Little Brown Books
- Harper Kids
I will try to add to his list, as I discover more materials that are available. If you know of any other videos, let me know!
This list is great to share with families, especially if they don’t have many books at home. And check out this Read-Aloud Toolkit for Parents that you can download for free!